Application are open for the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals. Do you have ambition to become a leader within your field of expertise, contributing to a global sustainable development? Then you might want to read more. Global Professionals is a highly sought after, fully-funded international scholarship program for master’s level studies in Sweden.
This scholarship is available for 42 countries.
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Moldova, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Russian Federation, Rwanda, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
An Overview of the Scholarship
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to develop future global leaders that will contribute to the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and contribute to a positive and sustainable development in their home countries and regions. In 2022 the Swedish Institute will grant about 350 scholarships for master’s degree studies in Sweden.
The program is funded by the Swedish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. It offers you a unique opportunity to develop both professionally and academically, experience Swedish society and culture, and build a long-lasting relationship with Sweden and other scholarship holders.
Who can apply:
We are looking for ambitious professionals who want to make a difference by working with issues that contribute to a just and sustainable development in their home country and region. Applicants should also have a clear idea of how the study program in Sweden would benefit their home country or region. Priority will be given to applicants with a strong and relevant professional background and demonstrated leadership experience.
Criteria for eligibility:
- Country of citizenship; You must be a citizen of a country that is eligible for SI scholarships.
- University admissions; You must be liable to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have followed the steps of University Admissions and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs by the 7th of April 2022.
- Work experience; You must have a minimum of 3,000 hours of demonstrated work experience.
- Leadership experience; You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your current or previous employment or from civil society engagements.
The master’s program you apply for must be eligible for SI scholarships. We give priority to program within certain subject areas, depending on your country of citizenship.
Other eligibility criteria
There are also other conditions regarding dual citizenship, previous residency/studies in Sweden and more. Note that priorities in the selection will differ in some aspects depending on countries of citizenship.
We will not consider any other documents than the required ones. You have to use SI’s provided forms, and you must complete your application in English. Otherwise, your application will not be considered further.
A complete application must consist of:
- Letters of reference
- Valid and completed proof of work and leadership experience
- Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
- Motivation (will be asked of you in the application portal)
Note! Your application will be disqualified if any of the above is missing.
Curriculum Vitae (CV)
You must use SI’s form for CV 2022/2023 and the CV should not exceed three pages. It’s up to you to decide which of your previous experiences are relevant for your application. Additional pages will not be considered during the evaluation.
Letters of reference
You must use SI’s form for the letter of reference 2022/2023. All letters of reference must be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or notary office. The letters should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped and uploaded as a single PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and the FAQ.
Two different letters of reference are mandatory.
One of the letters must be based on work experience (mandatory). It is also a merit if the second letter of reference is based on your involvement in networks or civil society organizations outside of your regular work.
Proof of work and leadership experience
You must use SI’s form for proof of work and leadership experience 2022/2023. The work and leadership form should be signed by the referee and stamped with an official stamp of the referred organization or a notary office. The form(s) should be typed, then printed, signed, stamped, and uploaded as a single PDF-file. You can find more information in the instruction in the form and our FAQ.
Copy of your valid passport/National ID card
You must submit a copy of your valid passport/National ID card with the application. It must clearly show your personal data, including your name, citizenship and photograph. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a copy of your passport/National ID card that is valid at the time of application. You will be asked to upload the passport copy in the online application portal.
How to apply:
- You have to apply for a master’s program first that is eligible for the scholarship program. You can download a form with the list of eligible masters programs from the Scholarship website. DATE:18 OCT 2021 – 17 JAN 2022
- Then you can now apply for the Global Professionals scholarship. DATE:10 FEB 2022 – 28 FEB 2022
- There will then be an SI screening and evaluation before admissions DATE:1 MAR 2022 – 6 APR 2022
- Notifications from University Admissions. DATE:7 APR 2022
- Final evaluation and announcement of SI scholarship recipients. DATE:8 APR 2022 – 28 APR 2022
Application opening and closing date:
The application for SI Scholarships for Global Professionals will start 10 February 00:01 CET and finishes 28 February 14:59 CET 2022. Until then, make sure to read all information in the call above, prepare your documents and apply for an eligible master’s program.
Now go to the Scholarship website and download templates for CV and a list of eligible masters programs.
Click HERE to visit the Scholarship website.