Applications are open to International students across the world for the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme which is fully funded for PhD studies in Hong Kong commencing in the next academic session.
This scheme was established by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong in the year 2009, the purpose of the Hong Kong PhD Fellowship Scheme (HKPFS) is to attract the best and brightest students in the world to pursue their PhD studies in Hong Kong’s universities.
This scholarship scheme is sponsored by the Research Grants Council (RGC) of Hong Kong.
Eligible Participating Universities:
Candidates are to seek admission as new full time PhD students in the following eligible participating eight universities:
- City University of Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Baptist University
- Lingnan University
- The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Education University of Hong Kong
- The Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology
- The University of Hong Kong
Degree Study Level:
Ph.D Study Level.
- The Fellowship provides an annual stipend of HK$322,800 (approximately US$41,400).
- A conference and research-related travel allowance of HK$13,500 (approximately US$1,730) per year for each awardee for a period of up to three years.
- A total of 300 PhD Fellowships will be awarded in the 2022/23 academic year ( Universities in Hong Kong normally start their academic year in September).
To be able to participate in the program for this academic year, you will meet the following eligibility conditions.
- Candidates should be an international student seeking to study in Hong Kong (irrespective of their country of origin),
- Applicants should prior work experience and ethnic background, should be eligible to apply.
- Applicants should demonstrate outstanding qualities of academic performance, research ability / potential, communication and interpersonal skills, and leadership abilities.
While candidates’ academic excellence is of primary consideration, the Selection Panels will take into account factors as follows:
- Academic excellence;
- Research ability and potential;
- Communication and interpersonal skills; and
- Leadership abilities.
Interested and eligible candidates will need to apply directly to any of the above mentioned participating universities. Information on enrolment for the fellowship scheme will be provided by the individual universities.
Click on apply now below for further information on how to apply.
Application closing date:
December 1, 2021