Federal Government of Nigeria Scholarship for Undergraduate, HND, NCE, and Postgraduate 2021
The federal government scholarship covers the following programs:
Higher National Diploma (HND) Award
National Certificate in Education (NCE) Award.
Conditions for the scholarship award:
- It shall not be held at the same time with another Award nor for part-time studies.
- Change of course or level or the Institution of the award is not allowed.
- The scholarship is tenable in Nigeria and takes effect from the beginning of each academic session. It lapses if not utilized within this period.
- The Scholarship allowance is meant to cover: Institution’s charges, fees, and Personal maintenance allowance.
Fields of study:
- Science and Technology.
- Medicine and Para-medicals.
- Science Subjects with Education.
- Arts and other Subjects with Education.
- Liberal Arts/Social/Management Sciences
- HND (Science and Technology).
- Under-Graduate Scholars N150, 000 per annum
- Post-Graduate Scholars N180, 000 per annum
- HND N100, 000 per annum
- NCE N100, 000 per annum
Application forms for the federal government scholarship awards are always completed ONLINE. Make sure to go through the application form carefully. The process is as follows;
1. All applicants MUST fill the online version of the Application form first and submit it online.
2. All qualified candidates are advised to:
- Visit the Federal Scholarship Board’s website:
- Click on Application Center
- Candidates are meant to register by creating a username and password
- A Validation Link would be sent to your mailbox
- Click the link
- Click on the Nigerian Award Tab
- Read Requirements & Instructions, and continue
- Print completed Application Form and bring a copy to the interview venue
The Photocopies of these documents should be submitted online with the completed Application forms;
- Letter of admission to the institution you are studying.
- Course Registration
- Identity Card
- Last sessional examination result
- One (1) passport-size photograph
Please note that online application submitted after the closing date or incorrect/incomplete forms without correct documents will not be processed.
All applicants for an undergraduate scholarship must be in the 2nd year of their studies or above and must have at least 4.0 C.G.P. on a 5 point Scale or its equivalent in previous academic years examinations.
All applicants must have a minimum of 3.5 CGPA (Upper Credit Pass) at ND level. The Award Covers HND 1 AND HND II
The award is for 2nd and 3rd year of NCE programme and candidates must have a minimum of 3.5 CGPA score on 5 point scale or its equivalent in the previous examinations.
All applicants for a postgraduate scholarship should have a FIRST CLASS or 2nd CLASS UPPER DIVISION IN THEIR FIRST DEGREE.
List Of Documents To Be Submitted At The Exam Center
- Printed Application form
- Copy of Educational certificates (on no account should original certificates be submitted)
- Copy of Letter of admission to the institution you are studying
- Copy of Current Course Registration form
- Copy of Last sessional examination result
- Copy of Identity Card
- Passport-size photographs.
Note: originals of certificate and documents must be presented for sighting only.
Interested candidates can click on apply below to visit the scholarship website for more information and apply.