Do you want to study in Germany but do not know how to go about your study or fund your study? Do you wish to study on scholarship in Germany? If your answer is yes to any of these questions, then this article is for you to read carefully, because the DAAD Scholarship 2022 is here to help you fulfill your dreams.
Overview and Objectives:
DAAD Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded scholarship for international students. This scholarship is for international students who wish to pursue masters or PhD studies at the top German Universities. DAAD scholarships cover monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
The scholarships offer foreign graduates from development and newly industrialized countries from all disciplines the chance to take a postgraduate or Master’s degree at a state or state-recognized German university, and in exceptional cases to take a doctoral degree, and to obtain a university qualification (Master’s/PhD) in Germany.
Well trained experts, who are networked with international partners, play an important part in the sustainable development of their countries. They are the best guarantee for a better future with less poverty, more education and health for all. With its development-oriented postgraduate study programs, the DAAD promotes the training of specialists from development and newly industrialized countries.
Level of Study:
To Study in:
Fields of study:
- Economic Sciences, Law
- Agricultural and Forest Sciences
- Art, Design
- Engineering and Natural Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Language and Cultural Studies
- Mathematics, Natural Sciences
- Medicine, Health Sciences
You can also see the complete list of available Postgraduate Courses
Between 12 and 36 months depending on the length of the chosen study program.
DAAD Scholarship Deadline:
Depending on chosen study program; please check deadlines here
Who can apply?
Graduates with at least two years’ professional experience from the following countries: list of eligible countries
- Depending on academic level, monthly payments of 850 euros for graduates or 1,200 euros for doctoral candidates.
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Payments towards health, accident and personal liability insurance cover.
- One-off study allowance.
Under certain circumstances, scholarship holders may receive the following additional benefits:
- Monthly rent subsidy.
- Contribution towards tuition fees that may be charged by the university (max. € 500.- per semester).
Eligibility Criteria for DAAD Scholarship 2022:
- Required Languages: English or German.
- For international programs, the language of instruction is English. You are usually required to submit an English language certificate e.g. TOEFL or IELTS.
- For other programs, the language of instruction is German. You are usually required to submit a German language certificate e.g. DSH or TestDaF.
- You must be from one the eligible Countries: Click here for list of eligible developing countries
- Candidates have a Bachelor degree (usually a four-year course) or Masters degree in an appropriate subject.
- Candidates have at least two years’ professional experience.
- Candidates can prove their motivation is development-related and be expected to take on social responsibility and initiate and support processes of change in their personal and professional environment after their training/scholarship.
Application and Selection Procedure for DAAD Scholarship:
- Choose suitable courses that you are interested in (You can apply for maximum three courses)
- Apply to universities offering that courses.
- You send your complete application(s) (with documents listed below) directly to the universities.
- A selection committee suggests potential candidates for a DAAD scholarship.
- The suggested candidates will be contacted by DAAD to upload their complete application to the DAAD Portal. (The link to the DAAD Portal will be provided by DAAD through email)
- The selection process will be finalized, and the suggested candidates will be informed accordingly.
Make sure that you have a copy of each document of your application ready, as those documents (as PDF files) have to be uploaded to the DAAD Portal in case you are suggested for a DAAD scholarship!
Documents required for DAAD Scholarship:
- Signed DAAD application form with current date
- Personally signed CV (please use the sample europass form click here to view) with current date
- Personally signed Motivation letter (with reference to current occupation and choice of postgraduate programme(s), two pages maximum) with current date.
IMPORTANT NOTE: When applying for more than one postgraduate course (maximum 3 courses), you have to submit one motivation letter explaining why you are applying for these specific courses and why you chose that priority.
- Letter of recommendation from your current employer; the letter must have letterhead, a signature and official stamp and must be of current date (not in a sealed envelope)
- Certificate(s) of Employment from the employer(s) that proof a minimum of two years of relevant working experience (after the bachelor degree) at the time of application and if possible, a guarantee of re-employment from your current employer upon returning home.
- Proof of Language Skills:
- English – IELTS or TOEFL (Note: The institutional TOEFL is not accepted)
- German – Required for courses taught in German
- Copies of Academic Degrees (certified translation if necessary)
- Copies of Academic Transcripts, incl. grading-scale (certified translation if necessary)
- Applicants from the People’s Republic of China are asked to submit an APS Certificate with their application documents.
Note: Some courses may require additional documents. For detailed information, please see the relevant course description in the Brochure and on the respective websites. The complete applications have to be submitted in English or German to be considered.
You can apply for up to three courses. If applying to more than one course, please list courses in order of priority in the DAAD application forms (see 7. Choice of host university/institution in Germany) and do not change the priorities in the according application form.
Please click on apply below to visit the official website to know more about DAAD Scholarship 2022 for Masters and PhD Germany.