Do you wish to pursue your studies in New Zealand? If yes is your answer then I’ve got good news for you! University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship is currently open. University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship 2022-2023 is a fully funded PhD scholarship for international students.
The University Council of Otago university, on the recommendation of the Senate, awards Doctoral Scholarships to candidates who are proceeding to a course of supervised doctoral study in this University. These scholarships are normally open only to students who are seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification. Candidates are likely to receive one Fully Funded University of Otago doctoral scholarship only.
Invitations are open for University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships applications from international students who would like to undertake PhD degree at University of Otago, New Zealand for the academic year 2022-2023. University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships will provide NZ$ 27,000 stipend per annum plus a domestic tuition fees waiver for 36 months (excluding student services fee and insurance).
The Doctoral Scholarship is only open to candidates pursuing PhD degree in any field provided at the University of Otago. However, the candidates must meet all the eligibility requirements to receive a place of the offer as well as the scholarship at the university.
Level of Study:
PhD (Doctoral),Professional Doctorates (DClinDent,DMA, DBA, EDD).
University of Otago
To Study in:
Click here to see
Number of Scholarship offered:
Up to 200 annually
- University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships will provide NZ$ 27,000 stipend per annum plus a domestic tuition fees waiver for 36 months (excludes student services fee and insurance).
- Professional Doctorates (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDD) – NZ$27,000 stipend per annum plus a tuition fee waiver for up to 36 months capped at the domestic rate (excludes student services fee and insurance).
- Required Language: English.
- Eligible Countries: All countries internationally.
- Candidates must have completed a Master’s degree by papers and thesis. Moreover, the grades of all relevant advanced level papers contributing towards the degree and the thesis are relevant.
- However, applicants whose prior qualifications have been awarded by other universities, the University shall calculate a GPA score using what it considers to be the most relevant papers and grades provided on the applicant’s academic transcripts
- Likewise, the applicant’s potential for, or record of, research.
- The advice, recommendation and/or ranking of the relevant Head of Department.
- Domestic as well as international candidates may apply for the Doctoral Scholarships at Otago University. However, international students will receive the scholarship at the domestic rate.
How to Apply:
Applications for the Doctoral Scholarship at the University of Otago should be done via the eVision portal at the University’s website. You will receive an alert in your student portal inviting you to apply for a scholarship once you have applied for admission to your programme.
Ongoing (Can apply anytime)
Please visit the official website to know more about University of Otago Doctoral Scholarships.