Applications are open to eligible persons for the Japanese Government Scholarships for the Undergraduate, Research & Masters International Students 2022.
The Japanese Government’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology offers scholarships for academic study in Japan to international students interested to study at Japanese universities as undergraduate, research or masters students under the Japanese Government Scholarship Program for 2022.
The purpose of the Japanese government scholarship is to deepen friendly tie and promote mutual understanding between Japan and other countries through the application of advanced knowledge regarding Japan’s language and culture.
Level of study:
Japanese government scholarships 2022 for international students covers Undergraduate, Research and masters.
Field of study:
- Social Sciences and Humanities:
A: Laws, Politics, Pedagogy, Sociology, Literature, History, Japanese language, and others.
B: Economics and Business Administration.
- Natural Sciences:
A: Science (Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry), Electrical and Electronic Studies (Electronics, Electrical Engineering, Information Engineering), Mechanical Studies (Mechanical Engineering, Naval Architecture), Civil Engineering and Architecture (Civil Engineering, Architecture, Environmental Engineering), Chemical Studies (Applied Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Chemistry, Textile Engineering), and other fields (Metallurgical Engineering, Mining Engineering, Maritime Engineering, Biotechnology).
B: Agricultural studies (Agriculture, Agricultural Chemistry, Agricultural Engineering, Animal Science, Veterinary Medicine, Forestry, Food Science, Fisheries), Hygienic studies (Pharmacy, Hygienics, Nursing), and Science (Biology). Natural Sciences-C: Medicine, and Dentistry.
However, postgraduate, applicants are to apply for the field of study they majored in at university or its related field. Moreover, the fields of study must be subjects which applicants will be able to study and research in graduate courses at Japanese universities.
Japanese government scholarships 2022 is being sponsored by the Japanese government for international students in Japan
International students can apply for Japan government scholarship.
The Japan government scholarship is available in four categories:
- Research students
- Undergraduate students
- College of Technology students
- Specialized Training College students
- Nationality: Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan. More so, an applicant who has Japanese nationality at the time of application is not eligible. However, Selection is conducted at facilities such as the Japanese Embassy /Consulate General (hereinafter “Japanese legation”) located in the country of the applicant’s nationality. (This shall not necessarily be applied in cases where one embassy covers multiple nations.)
- Health: Applicants must be free from any mental or physical disabilities that would be an impediment to the pursuit of university study.
- Allowance: The amount of the scholarship disbursement per month is yet to be determined.
- Transportation to Japan
- Transportation from Japan: The recipient who returns to his/her home country within the fixed period after the expiration of his/her scholarship will be supplied, upon application, with an economy-class airplane ticket for travel from the New Tokyo International Airport or any other international airport that the appointed university usually uses to the international airport nearest to his/her home address
- Tuition and Other Fees: Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by the Japanese Government.
Eligible African Countries:
Africa: Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Cape Verde, Chad, Comoros, Republic of Congo, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabonese Republic, Gambia, Ghana, Republic of Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Zambia, Uganda, and Zimbabwe
Other Eligible Countries:
Visit the general scholarship webpage for details. For country-specific details, please contact with Japanese embassy or consulate general in your country.
The Japanese Government’s Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT)
June of every year.
Important Notes: Please note that application forms for the current exercise are clearly marked – (2022). Applications made with the 20121forms will, therefore, not be processed by the Embassy.