Each year there are several scholarships available for international students who are applying for a bachelor’s or master’s degree program at Uppsala University.
The scholarships are awarded to program that are on-campus based in Uppsala or on Gotland, and for program mainly taught at Uppsala University.
Some scholarships are specifically designated for students who are applying to one of Uppsala University’s Master’s program, while others are open to both Master’s and Bachelor’s applicants.
Some scholarships are open for all citizens of a country outside of the European Union (EU)/European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, while others are only open to citizens of certain countries.
You can only be awarded a scholarship for program that you apply via universityadmissions.se. However, you cannot be awarded a scholarship for the Master’s program in Implementation, Transformative Learning and Sustainability, Religion in Peace and Conflict, Turkic Studies, Biology Genetic and Molecular Plant Science, Biology NABiS Nordic Master in Biodiversity and Systematics, or the Joint Nordic Master’s Program in Environmental Law.
The scholarships available for application may vary from year to year. The list of citizenships that are eligible for the King Carl Gustaf Scholarship also varies from year to year. Before you submit your application(s), be sure to read the information about each scholarship thoroughly and that you understand the conditions. You may apply to more than one scholarship, as long as you fulfill the eligibility criteria. However, it is only possible to receive one scholarship from Uppsala University.
Uppsala University, Sweden
Undergraduate and Masters
Field of Study:
Applicants offered scholarships in all the courses at Uppsala University except Master’s programmes in Religion in Peace and conflict, Biology Genetic and Molecular Plant Science, Biology NABiS Nordic Master in Biodiversity and Systematics, sino-Swedish Master in Computer Science – Software Engineering, or the Joint Nordic Master’s Programme in Environmental law.
Partially Funded Scholarship
Nationalities That Can Apply:
International Students (non EU/EEA)
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria, Applicants must:
- Be from a non-European Union or European Economic Area country.
- Have obtained relevant bachelor’s degree in recognized university across the globe.
- Show great academic and leadership abilities.
- Regard as fee-paying international students before the scholarship award.
- You must have applied for the program before the University Admissions deadline.
- You must meet the entry requirements for the program you applied for. The application fee and your complete supporting documents must be received by University Admissions before the deadline.
- In order to be considered for a scholarship, you must first submit an application for a Bachelor’s or Master’s programme at Uppsala University on www.universityadmissions.se between 18 October 2021 and 17 January 2022.
- The programme at Uppsala University must be ranked as your first priority of choice. The scholarship application period starts after this step.
- To apply for these scholarships, you need to submit an online application form during the scholarship application period. Access to the application form will be available on the official website during the scholarship application period which is from 18 January to 1 February 2022.
- The supporting documents that you submit for your programme application at www.universityadmissions.se. will also be reviewed. Therefore, you do not need to submit any extra documents in your scholarship application form.
- The program at Uppsala University must rank as your first priority choice.
Go to official Website for further details.
The application period for scholarships provided by Uppsala University for prospective students starts from 18 January to 1 February 2022.
The deadline is 23:59 CET (Central European Time) 1 February 2022. Please consider the time zone. Applications received after the deadline will not be processed.