Widener is a proud participant of the You Are Welcome Here Scholarship and will offer three annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50 percent tuition to selected international undergraduate students dedicated to advancing intercultural learning and have demonstrated leadership abilities through prior high school and community experiences. Scholarships are renewable annually provided you maintain satisfactory academic progress. The scholarship is open to students of all academic majors and fields of study.
Every year, these scholarships help international students like you maximize their investment in a career-shaping, life-defining Widener education. The Center for International Studies at Widener University offers a scholarship program for international students who have demonstrated exceptional academic excellence in their previous studies.
Their history as a former military college has given Widener a solid foundation and created a lasting set of values that are reflected in the mission statement of today’s university. Scholarships are educational funds based on merit and talent, which means that you are not only recognized for your hard work and achievements, you do not have to pay the funds after graduation.
First-year, undergraduate international students
How to Apply:
Submit an online application
February 15, 2022
Minimum of 50% tuition; renewable annually provided student maintains satisfactory academic progress.
Eligibility Criteria for You Are Welcome Here Scholarship:
- You must be a first-year international applicant (An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess US citizenship or permanent residency).
- Demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Apply for admission using Widener’s online application or the Common Application and submit all the required application materials.
- Submit the one-page #YouAreWelcomeHere application and the personal statement by February 15, 2022.
- If awarded a scholarship, claim it by submitting a tuition deposit by May 1.
You Are Welcome Here Scholarship Application Deadline: February 15, 2022
Enrollment Deposit Deadline: May 1, 2022
To check the status of your admissions and scholarship decision, please check your application portal or contact widener admissions at email@example.com.
English Proficiency Requirements: Free PTEA (Pearson Test of English-Academic) waivers are available for #YouAreWelcomeHereScholarship applicants who don’t have English language proficiency test scores. Waivers are provided through a partnership between Widener University and Pearson.