The Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC), operator of the SPDC Joint Venture, is delighted to announce the tenth annual NNPC/SPDC_JV Niger Delta Postgraduate Scholarship for applicants from Bayelsa, Delta, Imo and Rivers states.
In the ten years of this programme, over 100 students have won the opportunity to study at top-rated universities in the UK on full scholarship.
The purpose of the scholarship programme is to provide postgraduate study opportunity in courses that are relevant to the oil and gas industry for qualifying students from these Niger Delta states.
This scholarship is sponsored by Shell Nigeria
- Imperial College London
- University of Leeds
- University of Aberdeen
- Level of Study:
- Masters Degree Program
Level of Study:
Fields of study:
- MSc Petroleum Engineering
- MSc Applied computational Science and Engineering
- MSc Exploration Geophysics
- MSc Electronics/Electrical Engineering
- MSc Safety & Reliability Engineering for Oil & Gas
- MSc Advanced Chemical Engineering
Successful candidates applying for Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes, will receive the following benefits:
- The scholarship will cover tuition,
- One economy return-flight ticket from Nigeria to the UK
- A contribution towards living expenses only
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
To be considered for these scholarships, applicants must ensure that they meet the following criteria:
- Display intellectual ability and leadership potential;
- Have an adequate standard of English (at least 6.5 in IELTS) and meet the College’s language requirement;
- Have been offered admission to study on one of the Eligible Courses at the College having applied through the normal application process;
- Already hold (or expect to hold by the time of taking up the Scholarship) a degree of an equivalent standard to a UK Upper Second Class Honours degree;
- Must have completed the National Youth Service latest by September in the application year
- Be ordinarily resident in Rivers, Imo, Delta or Bayelsa State of Nigeria, and intend to return to Nigeria at the end of the period of study;
- Have not already had the chance of studying in the UK or other developed country;
- Be aged between 21-28 years by September in the application year;
- Currently reside in Nigeria;
- Plan to return to Nigeria on completion of the proposed programme of study;
- Have a Nigerian international passport valid till December;
- Employees, employees’ relatives (or former employees who have left employment less than 5 years) of SPDC, Royal Dutch SHELL Group of Companies or the College will not be eligible to apply for the scholarships.
- Application Procedure:
- Please follow the steps below to apply for the Shell Nigeria Students Scholarship Schemes;
How to Apply:
- Submit an application for admission to any of the participating universities for any of the qualifying courses.
- Application forms for the scholarship will ONLY be available through the websites of the Imperial College London, the University of Leeds and University of Aberdeen, following a formal offer of admission by the university.
- The universities to process applications and select candidates who conducts interviews with SPDC before consideration for final selection.
- Completed scholarship application forms must reach participating universities not later than the specified deadline.
MORE INFORMATION ON SPECIFIC COURSE ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS CAN BE OBTAINED from the websites of the three individual universities.
Please note that the stipends (living expenses) are based on the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU) published living rates and are limited to this only.
This is a non-committal scholarship. Note that NEITHER SPDC NOR any Shell company is obligated to offer employment of any sort to any candidate upon graduation, neither are successful candidates bonded to SPDC for any period of time on account of the scholarship award.
SPDC will only provide a medical insurance in line with UK Student Visa requirements.
Visit Website for further details