Applications are now open for the Belgian government ARES scholarships for the 2022-2023 academic year. The ARES program offers a person the opportunity of having a scholarship that fully covers their bachelor’s or master’s studies or a further training course in Belgium. Studying in Belgium is what so many people wish for because Belgium is one of the countries with a good education system.
ARES is the federation of higher education establishments of the Wallonia Federation- Brussels in Belgium. It brings together more than 120 public higher education establishments .
Applicants are not to seek prior admission to one of the French-speaking universities in Belgium in order to be able to apply for the scholarships. If you are accepted, you will be registered in one of the establishments federated by ARES.
There is no application fees for this scholarship, the Scholarship programme application procedure and selection process also is completely free.
Level of Study:
Bachelor, Master, Training.
The program is open only to members of the ARES (18 developing countries). These countries are;
Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, Ecuador, Haiti, Madagascar, Morocco, Niger, Peru, Philippines, DR Congo, Rwanda, Senegal , Vietnam.
For the Master’s program;
• Human Rights
• Risk and Disaster Management in the Anthropocene Era
• Integrated Health Risk Management
• International and Development Economics
• Public Health Methodology
• Public Health Science – analysis and evaluation of international health policies programs and systems
• Transport and Logistics
• Social Innovation Design
• Nexus Water-Energy-Food
For the Training Program;
• Data Science for Global Health
• Digital University Pedagogy
• Inter-University and Interdisciplinary Certificate in Transitional Justice
• Understanding and Managing the Human Dimensions of Change Projects in Sustainable Development
• Quality Assurance and Quality Control of Drugs and Health Products
• Free Geographic Information System
The ARES Scholarships Benefits:
For Bachelor or Master studies:
• International travel expenses: maximum one round trip per academic year.
• Monthly allowance: €1,150 / month for a period of 12 months.
• Indirect mission expenses: €150, granted once per stay.
• Installation, teaching, and return costs: €700, granted once per stay.
• Registration fees.
• Travel costs within the framework of interuniversity training: Reimbursed based on actual costs and on.
For the Training Scholarship:
• International travel expenses; A round trip.
• Living allowance;
o €83 / day for stays of 8 to 17 days.
o € 1,400 / month for stays of 18 days to 1 month (fixed amount).
o € 1,400 / month for stays of 1 to 6 months, proportionally the number of days.
• Mission expenses; 150 €. Amount awarded once per stay, upon arrival of the fellow.
• Insurance; Directly paid by ARES.
• Travel costs in the context of inter-university training; Reimbursed based on actual costs and on supporting documents.
Eligibility Criteria for the ARES Scholarships:
To be eligible for the Belgian government ARES Scholarship program, you must:
• Reside and or work in your country of origin when the application is submitted,
• Be a national of one of the countries mentioned above,
• Be under 40 years old for bachelor and master, and under 45 years old for training,
• Evidence of a relevant professional occupation in a developing country of at least two years,
• Have good knowledge of written and spoken French.
Application Procedure for the ARES Scholarships in Belgium:
The application procedure is done online via the GIRAF platform. You must first :
- Create an account on the GIRAF platform: This account will then be validated (within a few hours to a few days) by ARES and you will receive a confirmation email to create a password and log in. If you created an account last year, and it was activated by ARES, you can reuse this account and reset your password if necessary.
- Once your account has been validated: Access the application form via the Competitive calls tab of your GIRAF profile.
- You can complete your form in several times. From the moment you click on “Submit my application”, your application is sent to ARES and you can no longer modify it.
Application Deadline for the ARES Scholarship:
Applications must be submitted via GIRAF by January 28, 2022 at 12 noon at the latest.
Visit Website for more information.
You can report any problem concerning people or companies who claim to act on behalf of ARES and request any payment by e-mail to email@example.com. the application is completely free.
Join us on