Everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement. Are you in? Applications for the 2020/2021 Global Health Corps fellowship class are open. Apply.
Application Deadline: 15th January 2020 by 12:00PM EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT.
Eligible Countries: All African countries and other regions
To be taken at (country): USA
About the Award: Global Health Corps is building the next generation of diverse health leaders. We offer a range of paid fellowship positions with health organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the United States, and Zambia and the opportunity to develop as a transformative leader in the health equity movement. Everyone has a role to play in the health equity movement.
- Are willing to push themselves outside their comfort zones, to embrace failure, and to approach a personally transformative year – with many challenges in the day-to-day – with integrity, humility, and self-reflection.
- Are ready to strengthen and use their voice — the most powerful tool for change that you have — in order to engage others, create space for critical conversation, and effect meaningful social change in global health.
- Are excited by a design-thinking approach to building a better world, creatively embracing wicked problems and ready to embrace failure as learning.
- Are committed to bringing your best and doing the work in the day-to-day, showing up as a critical part of the global health equity movement.
- Are passionate about social justice in global health and about finding and building their voices to effect health impact.
- Are committed to inclusivity and collaboration across sectors, cultures, and borders of all kinds, while investing in and supporting others.
Selection Criteria: By the start of the fellowship, fellows must:
- Be 30 years or younger.
- Hold a bachelor’s or undergraduate university degree.
- Be proficient in English.
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Fellowship: Yearlong paid placements within partner organizations in Malawi, Rwanda, Uganda, the US, and Zambia to address real-time capacity gaps and strengthen health systems.
- In addition to on-the-job training, we engage fellows in a comprehensive leadership training curriculum to build effective, empathetic, and innovative leaders of tomorrow.
- Fellow receive additional logistical and financial support during the year, including:
- Monthly living and utilities stipend
- Health insurance
- Professional development grant of $600 and completion award of $1500
- Travel coverage to and from placement site, all trainings, and retreats
Duration of Fellowship: 1 year
For applicants to the 2020-2021 class:
- Recommendation forms are due by 12:00PM EST / 7:00PM CAT / 8:00PM EAT on January 22, 2020.
- To view your submitted application, you can log in here. You will no longer be able to edit your application.
- Be sure to add email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.
com to your contacts list so our status update emails don’t go to your spam folder! We’ll send notifications to semi-finalists between February 29 – March 13, finalists between March 25 – April 6, and offers on a rolling basis in mid-April through late May.
How to Apply:
- Apply here
- It is important to go through the Application Requirements before applying.
Award Provider: Global Health Corps