To make your education more affordable, the Clark Honors College is administrating the Shephard Family International funding in the US for the brilliant students in the US.
The program is open for international applicants who will commence in the undergraduate degree coursework at the college. A desirable offer for international applicants to get study in the US.
Established in 1960, Clark Honors College is a liberal art and oldest honours college in the US. It is a part of the University of Oregon. The college offers a range of degree programs.
Why at the Clark Honors College? At this college, you can build your dreams. The faculty and staff of the College are committed to nurturing a diverse community and prepare their students for the professional world.
Benefits: The college will provide the award amount depending on the number of qualified applicants.
- Course Level: Undergraduate
- Application Deadline: January 15, 2020
- University: Clark Honors College
- Department: NA
- Award: Varies
- Number of Awards: Not known
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International
- The award can be taken in the USA
Shephard Family International funding in the US Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: Applications from all over the globe are acceptable
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Pursuing an undergraduate degree program in any subject area at the college
- Eligibility Criteria: For being considered, applicants have to take admission in the bachelor’s degree coursework at the college.
- How to Apply for the Shephard Family International funding in the US: For being enlisted in the program, students have to take admission in the undergraduate degree program at the college via online UO application, common application or
PAPER APPLICATIONS AND FORMS
Most of the applicants apply online. But if you need a paper form, you can find it on this page. These forms are available in the Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF), which must be viewed with Adobe Acrobat Reader. If you don’t have it already, you can download and install it for free. Help with accessible versions of Acrobat documents is available on the Adobe website. You can also request that they mail you a printed version of any of these forms: Undergraduate application for international freshmen (PDF) and submitted it to the Office of Admissions, 1217 University of Oregon, Eugene or E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.After being enrolled, you will be automatically considered for the grant. If your browser cannot access the format above, you can check from here:2019-20
- Supporting Documents: Official high school transcript, official test scores, admission essay and description of accomplishments are required.
- Admission Requirements: The college recommends at least a B average or a 3.00-grade point average (GPA) on a 4.00 scale.
- Claimants must accomplish the other admission requirements of the college
- Language Requirement:If your native language is not English, you must prove English proficiency. The chart below shows the English proficiency test scores required for each type of admission:
- FULL ADMISSION: No additional requirements.
- AEIS ADMISSION: Academic English for International Students (AEIS) participants take zero to six AEIS classes during their first year while taking regular UO courses. Students who test into five or more AEIS courses participate in the Global Bridge Program.
- CONDITIONAL ADMISSION: Conditionally admitted students are enrolled in the UO’s full-time Intensive English Program. Students begin regular UO courses after they complete this program.
Minimum English Proficiency Requirement
TEST FULL AEIS (Bridge Program) CONDITIONAL TOEFL 88–120 61–87 < 61 IELTS 7.0–9.0 6.0–6.5 < 6.0 DET – See below See below SAT – 520 EBRW < 520 EBRW ACT – 20 English < 20 English
Meeting score requirements does not guarantee admission.
Duolingo English Test (DET) is now accepted by the UO as an approved examination for English proficiency. Applicants may submit DET results as their proof of English proficiency, and scores will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Contact us for more information.
To strengthen your application for admission, we recommend that international applicants from China and other nearby countries consider participating in an interview/writing sample administered by InitialView as an optional part of their application. InitialView will provide a recording of the interview and a copy of the writing sample to us for our review. InitialView does not rate or grade the interview/writing sample, and evaluation is done by our office. If you intend to submit an InitialView report, please notify the Office of Admissions of the date you will interview. Effective September 2018, we will also consider interviews provided by Vericant.
Your test scores will help us determine your admission status to the University of Oregon.The Academic English for International Students (AEIS) program helps international students develop advanced expertise in English. During the mandatory International Student Orientation, all new international students take the AEIS placement test. Depending on the results of the AEIS placement test, students are required to take anywhere from 0 to 6 AEIS classes. Students enrolled in AEIS classes are at the same time enrolled in regular UO courses of their choice. AEIS classes are credit-bearing courses and count toward UO graduation requirements. The only way to be exempt from assigned AEIS classes is with a qualifying TOEFL or IELTS score listed above.
Conditional Admission – American English Institute (AEI)
If you do not have the qualifying scores listed above, you will be considered for conditional admission. If you are offered conditional admission to the UO, you will be enrolled in AEI to improve your English language skills. Upon successful completion of the highest level of AEI, you will be fully admitted to the UO. You may also submit a passing TOEFL or IELTS score for consideration for full admission while enrolled at AEI. A passing TOEFL or IELTS score submitted while enrolled at AEI does not guarantee full admission.