The Zukunftskolleg has just launched a new call for “ZUKOnnect Fellowships for Scholars from Africa, Asia and Latin America”.
Application Deadlines: 28th February 2020
Eligible Countries: countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America.
To be taken at (country): Germany
About the Award: The Zukunftskolleg Konnect Fellowships support early career researchers from Africa, Asia and Latin America related to one of the thirteen departments of the University of Konstanz. As ZUKOnnect Fellow, you can use this time to extend your research networks and to get to know the research environment at the University of Konstanz, without losing your ties to your home university. As these fellowships can build a first bridge to the German and European academic system, we also encourage doctoral students in their last year to apply. The Zukunftskolleg will not offer employment contracts for ZUKOnnect Fellows.
Type: Research, Fellowship
- You originate and work in a country of Latin America, Asia or Africa.
- You hold a doctorate (max. 2 year of postdoctoral experience) OR are a doctoral student in your last year.
- You do not hold a permanent professorship, nor do you have a Habilitation or equivalent (Venia legendi).
- Your research project should tie in with one of the disciplines represented at the University of Konstanz.
- You should name a researcher at the University of Konstanz with whom you intend to collaborate (no need to contact person(s) in advance),
- Preference will be given to applicants who plan to team up with one of our current Zukunftskolleg Fellows.
Number of Awards: 5
Value of Award:
- A stipend of 1.200€/ month for doctoral students and 2.000€/month for postdoctoral researchers (following DAAD guidelines)
- Standard expenses for economy-class travel to Konstanz and back.
- Access to events organized by the Zukunftskolleg;
- Access to library resources;
- Access to IT services;
- Access to research support services (via Research Support);
- After the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, ZUKOnnect Fellows can extend their affiliation with a digital fellowship for additional 6 months.
Obligations for visiting researchers
- You will live in Konstanz or nearby throughout the ZUKOnnect Fellowship (the Welcome Centre of the University of Konstanz will offer support with all organizational aspects of relocating to Konstanz);
- You will actively contribute to the interdisciplinary dialogue at the Zukunftskolleg during the weekly Jour Fixe meetings (during semester);
- You will interact with fellows and researchers in relevant departments at the University of Konstanz;
- You will give a presentation in a seminar or a public lecture;
- You will acknowledge Zukunftskolleg support in any publications resulting from the stay;
- You will write a short report on your activities and achievements (within 6 months of completing your
Duration of Awards: The start date is between September 1st, 2020 and October 1st, 2020. Up to 5 (post-)doctoral stipends are available for up to 3 months (with justification for up to 4 months) and are based at the Zukunftskolleg.
How to Apply: Please submit your application documents in English via our Online application portal. The reference number is 2019/336. Applications should include:
- Motivation letter (including your objectives for the research stay at the Zukunftskolleg, an explanation how your research ties in with the research landscape at the university as well as a precise time plan for your stay)
- Short description or summary of your current research project (maximum 3 pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates (doctoral certificate or a letter of your supervisor commenting on the progress of your doctoral thesis)
- Reference letter from your home university will strengthen the application.Questions can be directed to Daniela Kromrey via e-mail: email@example.com or by phone: (+ 49 (0)7531 / 88 – 5686). When the budget situation permits, Zukunftskolleg can grant financial support for families who accompany the ZUKOnnect Fellows during the scholarship. We look forward to receiving your application with the usual documents until 28.02.2020.