In order to increase the diversity of perspectives in the ZiF research groups and to make African researchers more visible,Volkswagen Foundation Norbert Elias Fellowships 2020 for African Researchers – Germany) is now offering two scholarships per year for researchers from Africa: the Norbert Elias Fellowships
Application Deadline: 28th February 2020.
Eligible Countries: African countries
To be Taken at (Country): Center for Interdisciplinary Research in Bielefeld, Germany.
About the Award: Science needs diverse perspectives. However, researchers from African countries are still underrepresented in the international scientific community.
Eligibility for Volkswagen Foundation Norbert Elias Fellowships 2020 for African Researchers – Germany: Applications are welcome from senior researchers and postdocs from African universities from all disciplines whose research and publications are closely linked to the research group’s topic. Applicants should be interested in interdisciplinary collaboration and willing to engage in the activities of the research group, such as jours fixes, talks, workshops and conferences. Since our aim is also to extend our interdisciplinary networks to Africa, we are looking especially for researchers who are planning to continue their careers in Africa.
Selection Criteria: Selection criteria are academic excellence, relevance of the research for the research group’s topic, and a strong interest in interdisciplinary collaboration. The decision will be taken by the ZiF and the research group conveners. Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a Skype interview.
Number of Awards: 2
Value and Duration of Award:
- The ZiF offers a monthly stipend of 3,000 Euro plus free accommodation at the ZiF’s campus and travel expenses.
- The ZiF will also contribute to health insurance costs.
- Fellows are very welcome to bring their families with them. The ZiF campus comprises flats from single room to family size to provide suitable accommodation.
- Fellows will also receive an additional allowance of 200 Euro per month per accompanying child.
- We will be happy to assist with finding appropriate childcare and educational facilities.
How to Apply: For the application, please send us a CV and a letter of motivation (maximum three pages) describing your research and how you intend to contribute to the research group.
Please attach one or two relevant publications and indicate how long you intend to stay (two to ten months).
Please send you application in one PDF file to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.